Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can spot it or not, chances are there is mold in your house. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the type of mold that has spread in your home or property can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores migrate through the air and enter buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a home on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be nearly impossible for you to stop mold encountering your property. It’s only when the mold is growing in your house that you should be worried. Having an expert to turn to that can advise on the type of mold present is imperative. Pair that with an expert who will devise the best way to treat it then execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial abatement services for all types of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection of your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with a high level of knowledge in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is the primary step in what can be a long process. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, the prime choice is working with a company which specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. We provide mold removal and remediation services partnered with basic mold inspections. Mold will cause damage to your home as well as major health problems for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can adversely affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through any surface it grows in, this means the longer it remains untreated in your property, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your house and effectively handle treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general species of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produce toxic substances.
With the range of molds that can be found in properties, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis can assist in helping make your house safe and free from the most damaging molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which grows outdoors and indoors. It can be found in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold deposits in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi easily enters homes. It spreads in overtly moist, porous environments such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor variety cause asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less common household mold is good, as it is among the more insidious. It requires excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a variety of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out light brown or pink in color but darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, inducing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages and carries a dank odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in cold and warm areas and spreads quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in cold temperatures, Fusarium is pink or coral in color and is commonly located in soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It grows in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, wood and textiles. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly located in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Call Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might suspect or know you have mold in your home call the team with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation services required to remove dangerous mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.