No Home is Immune to Water Damage
When you’re so busy cleaning and taking care of your home, checking for water damage probably isn’t on the top of your to-do list. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to find unforeseen water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. Call the experts immediately if this happens to you. The experts from Paul Davis will arrive to your property to evaluate and repair any water damage in your home. You can take preemptive steps to prevent water damage. All homeowners need be aware of the signs of water damage in your home, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
What Causes Water Damage?
What’s the best way to avoid water damages? Prevention. Because of this, you need to look for water damage in your home. You might have to examine the parts of the home that use the most water. You can never be too careful. Here are a few causes of water damage in the home:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
How to Stop Water Damage from Occurring
Are you worried about your home receiving water damages? There are preemptive steps that you can take. You can never be too careful. Do the following to stop water damage from ruining your home:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Leaking or burst pipes can bring significant damages to your home. Call Paul! at 888-473-7769 if you have significant water damages in your home. When you call us, our experts will get you in contact with your local Paul Davis expert. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to handle whatever water emergency you have for us.