Preventing Water Damage
Any property can experience water damage, no matter the climate or location. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages to your property. The experts from Paul Davis understands the financial and emotional toil that water damages can take on you and your family. In order to minimize your home’s water damage, contact the professionals as soon as possible. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your property, they’ll evaluate and fix the problem, no matter the size of water damage. However, there are ways to avoid the cost of water damages. Every homeowner must understand how to protect their property from water damages.
How Water Damage Occurs
How does water damage occur? When extra water accumulates in areas where it shouldn’t. The experts from Paul Davis will come to your home to assess water damage at a moment’s notice. However, it’s important to know the signs of water damage. If you can prevent water damage from occurring in the first place, your home will last for a long time. Water damage can happen from both outside elements and from inside your home. But no matter how water damage occurs, it’s critical to be careful. Do you believe that there is water damage in your home? Look for the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Water Damage Can Be Avoided
Don’t wait for water damage to happen– take action. To dodge expensive repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. Consider the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
A seemingly innocent leaky faucet or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. You can take precautionary actions to avoid water damages. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s too late. In that case, call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. We’ve taken care of water damages in houses for years. Rely on us to help you.