What to Expect After a Storm
The weather can be unpredictable, and some storms can cause serious damage to your home or business. Our damage repair service can fix up your structure, getting it back to how it was before quickly. Our local experts know our weather and its hazards and how to incorporate the most effective solutions.
After the storm, repairing and restoring your property should be next on your list. Below, learn about how different kinds of storms can cause damage.
Insurance for Storm Damage
Severe damage from the majority of storms is covered under home and business insurance policies, but the specifics vary. The amount you are responsible for paying depends on your policy, the structure, how much damage there is, neighborhood property values and much more.
Most storms are considered acts of God, and that means that your insurer can’t single you out. But not filing claims early can cause problems, and neighborhood rates go up anyway following disasters. Don’t delay and always file claims as quickly as possible.
Storms that cause property damage may lead to mold problems and much more.
- Winter Storms: Blizzards can cause roofs to fail, break trees and electric systems, and cause other harm.
- Hail Damage: Severe hail can damage siding and shingles, leading to long-term leaks and compounding structural damage.
- Damage from Wind Storms: This can damage structures, lead to broken windows, wreak havoc on trees and electric systems and cause additional damage.
- Tropical Storm and Tornado Damage: Circular wind storms can cause serious damage to all parts of your property, such as catastrophic damage to roofs, windows, siding and landscaping.
- Damage from Flooding: Water from floods can get into your building’s foundation, ruin framing and finish work, lead to mold problems and much more.
Seek Out an Experienced Contractor
If your property has been hit with storm-related damage, act quickly. Choose a professional contractor that is licensed and insured, and that knows your area. Get in touch today to learn more.