You Can Repair Smoke Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by smoke odor, while walls can be damaged by soot. Fires can be damaging to both to your house and your family.
The specialists from Paul Davis understand that your cherished possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why as specialists in smoke and soot damage, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately, so we we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your home.
Repairing Smoke Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your AC so smoke won’t spread.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to suck out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a rag to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing soot remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our smoke remediation services. Our experts are highly-trained in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.